Rules & Regulations
- Participants must be 15 years of age or older.
- Race packets may be picked up at Lakewood City Hall on Friday, July 7 8:30am-5:30pm.
- The race course will be officially closed at 12:00pm. All participants who have not completed the race may do so at their own risk.
- Awards will be presented at the completion of the Triathlon.
- First Aid/Refreshment Stations will be provided at the start and finish area, as well as designated points on the course.
- Swim is a ½-mile out and back lake swim from American Lake Park.
- Swimmers must wear swim caps, which will be provided.
- Wet suits are highly recommended; however, fins, snorkels, and /or buoyancy devices are not allowed.
- Cyclists must provide and wear helmets.
- Cyclists should be aware that roads will be open to two-way traffic. After 12:00pm cyclists must yield right-of-way at all intersections.
- Bike route is 14 miles out and back.
- Bicycles must be in good working condition and have two working hand brakes.
- The bike course is relatively flat with a few short hills starting near the 5.5 mile mark.
- Run is a 3.1 mile out and back mostly flat course. There are a few hills.
- All runners must stay to the right of the road.
- Runners may not pass other triathletes in the finish chute after crossing the finish line